#114 - How to Read More Books
One of the questions posed in every instalment of our interview series, Cut Daily Meets... is What book has helped you the most over your career?
And there have been some amazing answers, most of which are not about post-production at all, including:
- AntiFragile by Nassim Taleb
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Not Even Wrong: A Father's Journey into the Lost History of Autism by Paul Collins.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Cutting Rhythms by Karen Pearlman
- Avid Editing: A Guide for Beginning and Intermediate Users by Sam Kauffmann
- Art of the Cut by Steve Hullfish
- The Stanley Kubrick Archives from Taschen
- Zero To One by Peter Thiel
- Getting Things Done by David Alan
But how do you actually make time to read more of these career-shaping books?
In this issue of Cut/daily I'm going to share an excellent article from Josh Spector that really helped change my thinking on some of the ways I've approached reading books, up until now.