Want free access to something you otherwise have to pay for?
In this issue of Cut/daily I'll share with you a free podcast version of a main session from ACE's 2021 EditFest Global event; From Assistant to Editor, which features five powerhouse editors discussing their path from assisting 'to the chair':
- Harry Yoon, ACE - The Newsroom, Euphoria, Minari, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Joi McMillon, ACE - Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk, The Underground Railroad, Zola
- Ben Bulatao, ACE - Ice Road Truckers, Black Gold, Deadliest Catch
- Melissa McCoy ACE - CSI, I Love Money, Rush Hour, Ted Lasso
- Alan Baumgarten, ACE - Zombieland, Molly’s Game, The Trial of The Chicago 7, Being the Riccardos
For many years the American Cinema Editor's (ACE) EditFest has been a really valuable opportunity for editors, assistants and anyone looking to learn more about post production to get together to hear from, and more importantly mingle with, some of the best talent in the business.
Normally this is an in-person, all-day event that draws editors together in an unusually personable fashion, which I have personally attended several times in London.
Although the pandemic put a lid on that for a couple of years, it also gave birth to EditFestGlobal.
EditFestGlobal is an online membership platform that gives you complete access to the past two years of EditFest, plus new interviews and panel discussions throughout the year.
You can sign up today for $39 to get access to everything, including four print editions of the ACE magazine mailed direct to your door, which, in this digital age, is actually quite refreshing.
- One-year full access to the EditFest Global website
- 4 (quarterly) print issues of CinemaEditor Magazine mailed to you
- Additional exclusive online articles, tips and interviews
- Access to the ACE Newsletter with event invites, the latest news, and early-bird announcements
P.S. - This is not sponsored by ACE or anything, I just love it! :)